Monday, January 7, 2008
First day of classes... well one class
Today was my first real day- real classes (well one) real cafeteria food, real experience(?). anyway, I got up early to eat breakfast which is only served from 8-930 and it was not that appetizing, but being optimistic- it wasnt that bad. then I walked around, sat in the archaeology park which was nice and was very early for class at noon- but thats not unusual for me. anyway, it was a good class- maritime arch, but it was so short and quick and he gave us the notes- why did i buy notebooks? and we are only meeting 9 times more, and only on the medival period. anyway, its just a half a class so thats fine... i think its just one paper and a in class paper (maybe). I asked if the books listed under each date were the ones needed to be read and he said if i wanted to. I have to figure out how to get the books. anyway, i am the only affiliate in the class right now, but thats ok. He was a very funny lecturer. I think i really like the british sense of humor. Then Amy and Alexandra and me walked to oxford street again- its such good shopping! its like having a mall like 10 blocks away! its prime sales time-- everything is cheap(er) so we better buy it now before sweaters become 40 pounds again (90 dollars). we then had ramsay hall dinner- which was ok. mashed potatoes and omlete and soup. This is all interesting. I love being an anthropologist and getting to analyze everything!! Thats one of the huge reasons i wanted to study abroad! I dont have class tomorrow and I have no idea what I am going to do! I got a different sim card for my phone to call home for cheaper- no change in the number tho! cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment