So, each day, at the end we sat down and I took notes so we would remember everything and so I could write it here when I got back. Amy, Alexandra and I went to Paris!!!! The first day we got up super early, and it being a sunday, the tube was not up and running as early as we were, so I got to ride the bus for the first time to Victoria Station. Then we waited in a ridiculous checkin line, where some guy started screaming at the huge black guy behind the desk. They were gunna fight, it was crazy. I dont know what that guy was thinking, I would not want to fight that huge guy ever. anyway, we then took the bus (a huge bus, tall as a double decker but just seats on the top level). And we slept most of the way, but I was awake for getting on the chunnel (called eurotunnel) i think only americans call it the chunnel. and what was super weird was that it is actually a train. like a ferry but underground. they actually put this huge bus right onto the train. it was insane. and then it was just a 40 minute ride to france! Once we got into france (after practically no customs or immigration) it was a couple more hours through the french country side (lots of vinyards). We slept some more. it was like a 7 hour bus ride.... or was supposed to be until our bus popped a tire. yep. got to stand on the side of the highway for an hour while they changed the tire on this hugeeee bus. boys are funny, they were all so eager to help, yet they probably never even changed a tire before. then we were finally on our way. We entered the outskirts of Paris, and I was looking for the Eiffel Tower on my way in but sadly didnt see it then. and then the language barrier hit. we couldnt get metro tickets and that was a big hassle but we got on the metro eventually and got to our hotel, in a very sketchy neighborhood, but we barely spent time their and it was so close to the metro station, that we were barely in the neighborhood at all. but it was pretty far from the main parts of the city, so we werent there much. We found our room, dropped our bags and headed out into Paris at night! We took the metro to the Notre Dame and walked from there next to the Seine River to the Eiffel Tower. We had a great meal in such a cute cafe/restaurant. I tried to take pictures of the Eiffel Tower at night but they didnt come out well, but someone got good ones. There is this great light show at the Tower at night! It flashes like crazy! By this time is was late (like 11) and we headed back to the hotel.
The Notre Dame! from the river Seine
The shop called Cormier!
It says it on the window if you can read it!
The Eiffel Tower at Night!
The awesome light show at the Eiffel Tower!
No comments:
Post a Comment