Monday, April 21, 2008
Passover in London
So I went to Chabad services for passover which was held in the Hillel House. It was a mix of israelis in london and mostly american study abroad kids. It was in english and hebrew and was way different then any seder I have been to. I was really happy to have somewhere to go to tho. I went with Lauren and Shira. It didnt start until 930pm. And we didnt get food until 1120. But it was really interesting. Chabads are orthodox but are extremely welcoming... thats their point. they listen to all opinons and accept all opinions. for real. no condesention. and the rabbi told interesting stories... lots on the 4 children and why we welcome them all. and the story of rabbi hillel. that was really interesting. and they used lettuce instead of bitter herbs and potatoes instead of parsley and the haroset was horrrrrrrrible. and this was the worst.... no matzah ball soup. so sad. but all in all. i really was happy that i went to the seder. the rabbi was all ortho and wore the whole outfit and he was realllly fat and had this gorgous wife.... must be arranged i think. it was a good time... but it was only really half the seder because we ate in the middle... before elijah and all and we left after eating at midnight.... most people did. yep. happy passover!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment