430pm 1-1-08
So I’ve made it to the hotel, after a decent flight with decent food. Tried to sleep most of the time. Heathrow was so simple, not even customs! And butler was awesome and picked us up right from the airport.
We are trying so hard not to sleep so that we can align to London time, the true GMT! Anyway, we went exploring. The area where the hotel is, is actually near my neighborhood. The weird thing is exploring with people who don’t actually go to my school and I probably wont really hang out with or see often. Lots of shops on the streets. And very dangerous crosswalks. On the streets, like on the actual ground it’s written “look left” or “look right” because the double decker buses are coming and will kill. I bought a mobile (not cell, its mobile here). And it’s a paybyyougo so I have to keep topping up. I was able to call home for like 1 minute and it cost like 40p. not to bad. Things are really expensive. They told us it was going to be, but its ridiculous. The prices you would think would be reasonable, you see 5.05, not bad, but then you remember to multiply it by two and you gasp. Everything is soooo expensive. Thank god I don’t have to buy my meals.
Stomach is upset already. Booo. We have our first orientation meeting tonight and then dinner in the restaurant in the hotel. And a group of us (people I probably won’t hang with later) are going to a pub. Who knows. I really need sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment